In many international cities, Chinese characters apprear in more and more public spaces . In your city, have you ever encountered Chinese characters? Where do those Chinese characters appear? Have the Chinese characters you discovered existed in your city for a long time, or is it a new phenomenon? And what do you think of these Chinese characters?
We initiated the “Discover Chinese Characters in My Town!” short video project. Everyone is welcome to show how Chinese is applied and has evolved in public spaces around the world. The organizer will select and fund the best productions, each selected project will receive a production subsidy of $1,000.Outstanding works will receive opportunities for online showcases and promotion. Now, take your smartphone or camera on the road, discover Chinese characters, and make a short video to tell us about yourself and the Chinese characters in your town!
- Maximum duration of 150 seconds
- English subtitles required if narration is not in Chinese
- Location of country and city filmed need to be shown in English captions
- Technical parameters: resolution should be no less than 1280x720, video format should be MP4, participants recommended to shoot in landscape mode
- Participants are responsible for all related copyrights of their submitted works
— Overseas Chinese education and cultural institutions, Chinese learners, people interested in Chinese characters or China, and Chinese who are studying, working, and/or living around the world
— Applicants must hold a bank account in the name of the institution that can accept funding remittances (personal accounts are not allowed). Individual creators should apply through their local Confucius Institutes or other Chinese education institutions.
1. Please submit your video script application form to us before December 31 2020 which includes the following information:
· Film title, content summary (1-3 sentences), plot, lines, scene description, etc. (Please download the attachment to obtain the application form and sample). Please note: a storyboard will not be necessary.
· Please fill in the application in Chinese or English and the content must be able to support the shooting of a video shorter than 150 seconds (within two and a half minutes). The shooting scenes and narration must take place in countries and regions that are non-Chinese-speaking.
2. Please submit a small video demo that showcases your video production level, the duration can be about 30 seconds, the file size should be within 100MB, and the proper format is mp4. The subject matter is up to the applicant’s discretion.
3. Please send the video script application and demo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. We select and provide funding to outstanding film proposals based on the scripts and samples submitted by applicants.
For better understand and participate in the project, we will organise two free online training sessions to help you understand the requirements and grasp the skills for video script writing. We will brainstorm with you, give comments on your ideas and drafted scripts, answer your questions and provide other consultation relating to the project. The dates and arrangements of training sessions will be announced later.
If you have questions, please contact us via:
WeChat ID: yezia121201
Note: Legal matters pertaining to issues such as right to reputation, copyright and right of publicity are all responsibilities of the submitter of the video. The sponsor reserves the right to repeatedly use submitted videos for publishing, publication, exhibition, display and other uses for promotional purpose.
This program is sponsored by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation, organized by Wuzhou Chinese Education Technology Company, and supported generously by the Academy of Fine Arts of Tsinghua University , the Chinese Plus, and the Chinese Bridge Club!